J Moreau & Fils Chablis Premier Grand Cru
- Regular price
- Sale price
- Regular price
The most recent official Premier Cru list was established in 1986. It names 79 vineyards covering a total surface area of about 600 hectares. Chablis winegrowers decided to reclassify these plots in order to promote only 17 of them. The vineyards in question are located on both sides of the Serein River in the communes of Chablis, Fontenay, Maligny, Chichée, La Chapelle-Vaupelteigne, Courgis, Fleys and Beines.
The 37 hectares of the Montmains climat are located on the left bank of the Serein in the commune of Chablis. Often austere when young, and marked by mineral and lemony aromas, these wines stand out for their excellent ageing potential.
Gentle slopes. Kimmeridgian marl.
Vinification and maturing
- Long pneumatic pressing
- Static cold settling of the musts
- Alcoholic fermentation started in stainless steel vats. After 3 days, around 30% of the juice was transferred into 1-2 years old barrels where the fermentation process has been completed.
- For the wine remaining in the stainless steel vats, fermentation lasted for 10 days at controlled temperatures (18 to 20°C) to conserve as much fruit as possible.
- 100% malolactic fermentation
- Matured on the lees for 12 months
Very nice gold colour.
Subtly mineral and smoked nose, with hazelnut and undergrowth notes enhanced by lemon zest flavours.
The mouth is rich, still a little firm, with yellow grapefruit aromas and a long, structured finish.
Food and wine pairing
This fine white wine will be perfect with seafood, in particular oysters and lobsters, but also grilled fish and goat cheese.
Serve ideally at a temperature of 14°C (57°F.)
Vintage : 2016
Delivery costs are calculated at checkout.